Friday, July 8, 2011

Greetings from Africa: A letter from Lee to SFC

Habari!

Week 4 in Kenya! Boy, I tell you, there is nothing greater than seeing the most powerful words of scripture come to life right before your eyes.

Brothers and sisters, Africa is a beautiful place with some of the most amazing people I have met in my life. We are staying with local, young Christians, just like us, who share our passion for Christ. When Jesus told his disciples to go and make disciples of all nations, he meant it and it is happening all over this planet!

We were put to work as soon as we got here, praying with locals, fellowshipping, worshipping and visiting a local orphanage. It's amazing that Americans take everything, including their faith, for granted! Before coming here I was convinced that in some way my being this privileged Christian American, would be a blessing to these people--something that would give them some sort of hope. How foolish! My brothers and sisters here have showed me more than I could have imagined. Eye opener!

 Imani, organizer of the Christian youth group we're partnering with, has taken us up and through the villages, the slums and towns of the country. A lot of the people here live in poverty and hunger and still have a prodigious level of faith is utterly indescribable. Their church services, worship, praise and style of prayer is so lively and erratic and I love it!

What have I learned so far? God is everywhere friends. He's awesome. He's amazing. He is extraordinarily complex. And all peoples--every tribe, every tongue and every nation-- are made in his image!


Mungu Akubariki-- Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment